Communications Officer – Regina
The Health Sciences Association of Saskatchewan (HSAS) is a trade union representing over 4200 health care professionals in Saskatchewan. The Health Sciences Association of Saskatchewan has an exciting opportunity for a skilled communications professional in our Regina office. The Communications Officer will be responsible for preparing, distributing and organizing internal and external communications for HSAS. Duties include the following:
- Manage the HSAS website.
- Design, prepare and send all email communication to members.
- Maintain awareness of communications spend and budget.
- Develop and deliver all new strategic initiatives as determined by Executive Council.
- Develop and execute strategic communications plans.
- Manage all social media channels.
- Create, follow and maintain content calendars.
- Manage contractor, vendor, and supplier relationships as assigned.
- Oversee public and media campaigns as needed, including media planning/buying.
- Build and manage all online advertising.
- Prepare and design communications material as needed using InDesign, Illustrator, and Canva.
- Manage media relations and write media materials.
- Plan and execute the delivery of HSAS events.
- Build and distribute HSAS surveys.
- Attend Communication Committee Meetings
- Provide committee support to committees of Executive Council, as requested
- Evaluate and maintain digital communications tools and software.
- Carry out research as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-Secondary Degree or certificate in Journalism, Communications or Marketing or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with WordPress CMS and website management.
- Experience carrying out research.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to present information and prepare correspondence.
- Knowledge and skill in the use of electronic communications tools, such as Active Campaign.
- Knowledge and skill in the use of design software including InDesign, Illustrator, and Canva.
- Ability to function co-operatively with other members of the staff, exercise good judgement, exercise initiative, manage shifting priorities and seek and take direction as required.
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel within the province using own vehicle.
- Graphic design experience.
- Video & audio editing skills.
- Photography skills.
- Familiarity with audio visual equipment and video conferencing technology.
HSAS offers a competitive compensation and benefits package as governed by the HSAS/USW collective agreement. Salary wage step will be determined on the experience and skill set of the incumbent.
Please submit your resume with cover letter, no later than September 8, 2023 by mail or email to:
Manager of Communications
Health Sciences Association of Saskatchewan
#12- 395 Park Street
Regina, Saskatchewan, S4N 5B2
Email: [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.